Manages the infrastructure to deploy, scale and optimize on-premise virtual firewalls
The Corsa Security Orchestrator (CSO) is the virtual infrastructure manager at the heart of your turnkey virtualization platform. It binds the worlds of network security (the firewall inspection) to the underlying network (server infrastructure) by controlling the entire platform from the compute infrastructure and hypervisor up to virtual machines.
The CSO is designed from the ground up to provide an intuitive interface to simplify all the complex operations associated with running virtual firewall instances, including licensing, zero-touch deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting, machine intelligence and auto-scaling. It eliminates the DevOps needed for provisioning and maintaining large numbers of NGFW VMs.
Now, you can easily deploy, scale and optimize on-premise virtual firewalls for your Internet and 5G gateways or other high throughput north-south traffic.
Why the Corsa Security Orchestrator
Automates the full lifecycle of on‑premise virtual firewalls from deploy to scale to optimize.
Optimizes server resource allocation and manages on-premise virtual firewalls through an aggregated view.
Integrates credit-based licensing and maximizes their use through auto-scaling and adjusting for surges.
Key capabilities of the Corsa Security Orchestrator virtual infrastructure manager
By tightly integrating virtualization with intelligent orchestration, the Corsa Security Orchestrator offers large network owners the following:
- Simplifies all the complex operations associated with on-premise virtual firewalls. It takes care of the full lifecycle of virtual firewalls with built-in workflows so it’s very simple to add new virtual firewalls, adjust existing ones, or re-allocate server or firewall resources without the need for any DevOps work.
- Maximizes the firewall license credits by scaling up firewalls when and if needed. Instead of having to source new hardware for traffic growth or a sudden surge, with virtual firewalls this is simply a re-allocation of credits and vCPUs, which is all taken care of for a cloud-like experience and no manual intervention.
- Optimizes server resource allocation and virtual firewall performance for throughput and security. The Orchestrator is constantly checking resource utilization and making recommendations on best allocation in the context of your entire set of virtual firewalls. This brings predictability to managing your virtual infrastructure.
- Software load balancer spreads traffic across the cluster by tracking flows for intelligent steering to and from VMs that results in optimal virtual firewall performance within clusters.
- Aggregates the views of all the firewalls under its control to show you the overall health of the system, server resource allocation, VMs and network utilization.
Corsa Security Orchestrator benefits
Operate at cloud speed for business agility by integrating virtualization with intelligent orchestration to get 24x faster time to deployment.
Manage the health, capacity and performance of on-premise virtual firewalls with the simplicity of a single UI and zero‑touch operations.
Eliminate up-front CAPEX of physical firewalls and DevOps for savings of over 78% with virtual firewalls and almost 9x lower TCO if you forgo DIY.
Works with your preferred firewall vendors
The Corsa Security platform is a turnkey approach to scale threat protection and automate a hosted, managed virtual firewall service (VFS) so you can elastically add virtual firewalls from your preferred firewall vendors like Palo Alto Networks, to meet increasing bandwidth demand. Gone is the need to constantly upgrade specialized, single-purpose hardware. Instead, the platform uses a pay-as-you-grow cloud model and integrates credit-based licensing to greatly improve TCO compared to the CAPEX for existing security approaches.